Non-Executive Director - Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
There is a vacancy for a Non-executive Director (NED) at Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have experience in one or more of the following:
- Clinical and patient safety expertise gained from medical, nursing, allied disciplines or social care experience at a senior level in an academic, research, regulatory or clinically focused role
- Significant experience of working in, and a strong understanding of the Worcestershire Health economy.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should live in or have strong connections with Worcestershire.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- Closing date* 14 September 2021 at 11am
- Interview date 29 September 2021
- Proposed start date TBC
*Please read the candidate information pack to find out how to apply and forward your completed application to [email protected]
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Government’s Principles of Public Appointments and Governance Code and are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed. This appointment is regulated by the Commissioner for Public Appointments.
Find out more
- We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Sir David Nicholson, the Chair of the Trust. Please contact Donna Wark on 01905 733960
- NHS England / NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing [email protected]