Non-Executive Directors – Squash Wales
Role Title: Non-Executive Director
Time Commitment: Approximately 2 days per month
Remuneration: Voluntary (with expenses)
Location: Board Meetings are held in Cardiff; (however, attendance can be via digital platform when required)
Term of Office: 3 years
- Setting the organisation’s mission, vision, values and strategy
- Monitoring and evaluating the implementation of policies, strategy and agreed objectives
- Ensuring that internal controls are effective
- Creating and maintaining positive and productive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Provide direction and support for staff members and volunteers, helping them achieve the aims of the organisation.
- Providing mentoring and support to relevant staff members
Additional Information & Application Process
To apply for either of these roles, please send a copy of your most recent CV, and a digital statement of suitability that is no more than 4 minutes long, stating why you are the most suitable person for the role, why you are interested in a NED position and what this role will do for you and Squash Wales if you are successful.
Both documents need to be emailed to the Squash Wales Administrator, Danielle Brown at [email protected]
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 30th September 2020 – 17:00hrs latest. No late applications will be considered or acknowledged. Please state clearly the portfolio that you are applying for in the first line of your application/email header.
Interviews will take place shortly afterwards with the Chair of the Board.
Please ensure that you expressly state the skills that you would bring to Squash Wales and identify your preferred area of interest based on your expertise, i.e. – HR, Finance or Sports Development.
For an informal and confidential discussion about these roles, please contact Phil Brailey, Chairman of the Board of Squash Wales via email – [email protected]