Non-Executive Director - ePOS Hybrid
Date Posted: 01/09/2020
Closing Date: 30/09/2020
Hybrid is a technology start-up with great ambition and passion in what we do. We provide innovative cloud based ‘ePOS Systems’ for the hospitality food industry. We’re looking for 4 Non-Executive advisory board members with background in ‘SaaS’, ‘International Business’, ‘Legal’ or ‘Venture Capital’. We currently have a small, dynamic and fast-moving senior executive directors board but from time to time need more input into that senior board from specialised experts in certain fields. We have just completed a very successful fund-raising round and have ambitious plans.
Time Commitment: Approximately there will be 3 to 4 full Board meetings per year which the various ‘advisory board members’ may be asked to attend either in whole or in part, and advisory Board members may also be asked to lead sub-committees and represent the organisation at relevant events.
Remuneration: £200 per day.
Term of Office: Advisory board members will be appointed for one year tenure, (henceforth renewable annually).
Location: Flexible, although the majority of the meetings will be held in Edinburgh. In the near future, many of these meetings may be on Zoom.
Areas where input may be needed:
- Feeding into executive board to set & pivot the organisation’s vision, values and strategic direction.
- Within own core expertise, providing constructive feedback, monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of certain areas of strategy and objectives.
- Commenting on and suggesting appropriate improvements to the iHybrid organisational structure and capability including best use of available resources being deployed for maximum impact.
- Building effective strategic partnerships to support the organisation and its aims, within own areas of expertise and networks, and wider when the opportunity arises.
- Acting as a critical friend, providing mentorship and support to the iHybrid Executive Board.
- Feeding back on, and suggesting improvements to, the management oversight of any risks and the financial standing of the organisation where the advisory member has appropriate expertise.
- Representing iHybrid, the organisation and its members where appropriate.
- Ensuring that communication with stakeholders is transparent and effective.
What we’re looking for:
The successful candidate will have some knowledge and a genuine interest in Technology. A background in the food and technology industry would be an added advantage.
Following a comprehensive Board skills audit and assessment of the iHybrid strategy, the company is seeking such individuals that have specific skills and experience in the areas of Saas, International Business, Legal or Venture Capital.
Previous experience in a Board position is desirable. However, candidates without any experience in a Board position should still be able to demonstrate the skills and competencies necessary to contribute to iHybrid.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Volunteer
Salary: £200.00 per day & pro-rata for parts there-of.
Contract length: 12 months
Application deadline: 30/09/2020
Expected start date: 15/10/2020
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: £200.00 per day
Board level experience: 5 years (Preferred)
Temporarily due to COVID-19