Senior Non Executive Director - Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service (HMPPS)
Job type: Permanent
Sector: Central Government, Community Protection & Defence
Salary: £12,000 - Three year fixed term period (Approximately 10-20 days per annum)
Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service (HMPPS) is an executive agency of the Ministry of Justice (MoJ). As set out in our Business Strategy ‘Shaping our Future’ our vision is to work together to protect the public and help people lead law-abiding and positive lives. The strategy sets out the outcomes we will achieve to deliver the vision, and the principles we will work to in doing so.
The Agency Board is chaired by a Non-Executive Director. Non-Executive Directors are appointed by the Department’s Permanent Secretary, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Agency’s Chief Executive following the normal rules of public appointments. The Agency Board sets the vision and strategy for the Agency to meet Ministerial objectives and expectations. The day to day management of HMPPS is the responsibility of an Executive Management Committee.
We are looking to appoint up to two Non-Executive Directors, one of whom will chair the Audit and Risk Committee. As a result, the key responsibilities and corresponding personal experiences required may vary slightly.
Please view the candidate information pack for detailed information about the role description and responsibilities.
In addition to a number of key skills and expertise, successful candidates will need to demonstrate strong strategic communication skills and evidence of delivering transformation programmes in a large-scale organisation.
Please view the candidate information pack for the full list of essential criteria.
For an informal discussion to explore the role and your fit in more detail, please contact Peter Guilder at GatenbySanderson via email: [email protected] or mobile: 07545 441127
- Closing Date 08:00am Monday 7th December 2020
- Longlist Meeting w/c 14th December 2020
- Preliminary interviews with GatenbySanderson w/c 14th December 2020
- Shortlist Meeting w/c 11th January 2021
- Informal Stakeholder Discussions w/c 18th January 2021
- Final Panel Interviews Date w/c 25th January 2021
How to apply
You should register and then submit the following documentation no later than 08:00 UK time on Monday 7th December 2020.
- CV setting out your career history, with key responsibilities and achievements. Please ensure you have provided reasons for any gaps within the last two years.
- Statement of Suitability (no longer than two pages) explaining how you consider your personal skills, qualities and experience provide evidence of your suitability for the role, with particular reference to the criteria in the person specification.
- Diversity Monitoring Information which will be gathered on the GatenbySanderson site as part of the registration process.
- Conflict of Interest, Conduct and Declaration of Public Appointments held currently and previously in the attached form.
- Two Professional Referees together with a brief statement of the capacity and over what period of time they have known you in the attached form. Referees will not be contacted without your prior consent.
Please view the candidate information pack for detailed information about the recruitment process.
This post is NOT regulated by The Commissioner for Public Appointments.
For full details and to apply: https://www.gatenbysanderson.com/job/GSe68828/senior-ned/apply/