Non-Executive Director - The Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
The Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust are seeking to recruit a new Non-Executive Director to join their board.
After significant recent success in working collaboratively, Black Country Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust were merged to form the Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust from 1 April this year. This is an exciting time for our new organisation who will be responsible for the delivery of mental health and specialist learning disability services across the whole of the Black Country health system. This merger provides a unique opportunity to build on the outstanding joint work our clinicians have been leading to deliver innovative developments which improve services for people across the Black Country. We are excited about the future and share a passion and commitment to developing an outstanding organisation. Together we will have an income of almost £170 million, with over 3,000 staff operating out of 65 sites over four boroughs.
The Trust is a major provider of specialist mental health services across Sandwell and Wolverhampton, and specialist services for people with a learning disability across the four Black Country boroughs. It also provides universal community children’s services in Dudley.
We are seeking a person with:
- an understanding of the Culture in the Black Country
- a background in public health
- general understanding of how IT can support the local health economy
- have experience in one or more of the following:
- Business / Commercial / Entrepreneurial
- IT Projects / Cybersecurity
- Social care
The time commitment is expected, between 3 and 4 days per month.
In return we offer:
- Annual remuneration of £12,500pa (pending increase from 1 April 2021)
- Full reimbursement of travelling and subsistence expenses
- Ongoing training and development
- An initial three year term with extensions thereafter subject to satisfactory performance and governing body approval. This may be subject to amendment dependent on current organisation transactional plans.
All applicants need to be registered as public members of the Trust, residing in any of the areas within the Trust’s designated public constituency.
Interested? Then for an informal discussion about the posts contact:
- Trust Chair, Jeremy Vanes on 0121 612 8081
- Mark Axcell, Chief Executive Officer, 0121 612 8081
- Gilbert George, Interim Company Secretary on 0121 612 8072 or email [email protected]
- Ashi Williams, Director of People on 07775 014 326 or [email protected]
- Closing Date: 7th December 2020
- Interview Date: 21st December 2020
The Trust is committed to equal opportunities, and is a non-smoking organisation.
You will be eligible to upload a supporting statement document, no more than 3 pages long with your application.
Complete and submit an application form and equal opportunities form via NHS Jobs online at https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/