Chair and Trustee - St Clare Hospice
Business / Organisation Name: St Clare Hospice
Business / Organisation Sector: Private
Business / Organisation Website: https://bit.ly/3EQEFBT
Business / Organisation Type: Charity or Not-for-Profit
Role Title: Chair
Remuneration: Expenses only
Lead the board of a highly regarded independent charity providing comprehensive end-of-life healthcare for the West Essex and East Hertfordshire community. We are looking for a Chair who can support us as we embark on our next exciting strategy. We are also looking for a trustee who is a senior charity leader with experience in community engagement and/or service development and delivery.
St Clare Hospice is a highly regarded independent charity providing comprehensive end-of-life healthcare for the West Essex and East Hertfordshire community. Building on the foundations of more than 30 years’ work, we support and care for people with terminal or life-limiting illnesses and their families and carers.
Our core services include an 8-bed in-patient facility, Hospice at Home, and a range of day services, therapies, bereavement support and information for patients and their families. We also run a children’s bereavement service and launched a
Compassionate Neighbours project in early 2018: a volunteer-led programme aimed at reducing social isolation for end-of-life people in their own homes.
We are a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee, receiving around 40% of funding from the NHS. We rely on the generosity of our local community to fund the remaining 60% of our costs. This comes from many people, events, local businesses, trusts, schools, community groups, our shops, our lottery and gifts in Wills.
As we are about to embark on our new 2022 three-year strategy, we are looking for a new Chair of trustees who can support us as we continue to be a leader in the sector and as we deliver our ambitious new strategy. We will build on our strong foundations and success whilst achieving a continued focus on collaboration and partnership with local health, community, and voluntary groups. Part of our new strategy is to continue to build on our success in education and research which will help us maintain our credibility, reputation, and profile as a leading hospice in the UK.
We are looking for a Chair who is aligned with our values and vision that every adult with a life-limiting condition in our communities should have access to palliative care services wherever and whenever they need them. This is a hugely exciting time for our hospice and a rewarding opportunity to lead us through our next strategic phase.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has charity governance experience and who can bring a wealth of knowledge and leadership experience to enhance the performance of our board and has an open and collaborative approach. We are also looking for someone who can be an impactful ambassador for the hospice.
You will bring experience of leadership, governance and be a challenge and support for our executive team and board. We expect the time commitment for the Chair to be circa three days a month.
We are also looking for a Trustee to join our board with senior charity leadership experience particularly in community engagement and/or service development or delivery.
This person will support us as we develop and deepen our relationships, partnerships and collaboration with others in our local communities. We expect the time commitment for the trustee to be up to a day a month. This will include our four main board meetings a year which commence in the evening, membership of one of our sub-committees which meet four times a year for one to two hours, our strategy away day, reading and preparation, and other ad hoc activities.
We are looking for our board members to be aligned to our values; compassion, integrity, respect, excellence and team working.
Closing date: Monday 8th November 2021
For more information about this role please click this link:
For further information about the role, or to arrange a confidential discussion, please contact our advising consultants at Peridot Partners:
Closing Date: 08/11/2021
Contact Name: Jennifer Horan
Contact Email: [email protected]