Non-Executive Director and Associate Non-Executive Director - Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust are seeking a Non-executive Director and Associate Non-executive Director with senior level experience in either patient advocacy and / or community engagement.
There are vacancies for a Non-executive Director (NED) and Associate NED at Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust (WAHT). This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. We are particularly looking for people who can support us in the area of health inequalities. You will have senior level experience in one of the following:
- NED post: Experience of patient advocacy and /or community engagement and board level experience in a large and complex organisation.
- Desirable: Financial qualification and experience as a senior financial officer in a large and complex organisation.
- Associate NED post: Experience of patient advocacy and /or community engagement and board level experience in a large and complex organisation
For both posts, you will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should live in or have strong connections with the Worcestershire area.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed
- Information pack (M2212)
PDF, 234.9 KB
This is a comprehensive information pack for candidates, which explains the requirements to undertake the roles, as well as details of how to apply and information about the trust.
- Monitoring form (M2212)
DOCX, 152.0 KB
We like to monitor information to establish who applies for our roles and to ensure no group is treated unfairly. Your answers will be treated confidentially and will not be shared with the selection panel unless explicitly stated.
- Closing date for receipt of applications* 26 October 2020 at 11am
- Interview date 11 November 2020
- Proposed start date TBC
*Please read the candidate information pack to find out how to apply forward your completed application to [email protected]
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Government’s Principles of Public Appointments and Governance Code and are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed. This appointment is regulated by the Commissioner for Public Appointments
Find out more
- We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Sir David Nicholson the Chair of the trust. Please contact Donna Wark on 01905 733960
- Gatenby Sanderson’s are helping us to identify potential candidates, if you would like a confidential discussion about the role contact Melanie Shearer, Partner, on 07785 616 548 or by email to: [email protected].
- NHS England / NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Helen Barlow on 0300 123 2038 or by emailing [email protected]