Non-Executive Director - Welsh Gymnastics
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: BBBH19914
Added: 27 Apr 2020
Acorn Executive Search is working in partnership with Welsh Gymnastics to recruit a Non-Executive Director in Cardiff.
The board of directors has an essential role in Welsh Gymnastics governance and setting the strategic direction of the business.
The right balance brings specialist knowledge and expertise in key business areas such as management, finance, commercial and legal as well as gymnastics. A board member is required:
- To ensure the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its Articles
- To contribute actively to the board in giving strategic direction to the organisation setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
- To safeguard the good name and values of the organisation, and the sport
- To ensure the financial stability of the organisation
- To protect and manage the property of the organisation
Duties of the board members
- To act in accordance with the Articles, and to use powers only for the purposes for which they were conferred
- To promote the success of the organisation for the achievement of the objects
- A duty to exercise independent judgement
- A duty to exercise reasonable care, skill and diligence
- A duty to avoid conflicts of interests
- A duty not to accept benefits from third parties
- A duty to declare to the other directors any interest that they have in a proposed transaction or arrangement with the organisation
In addition to the above statutory duties, each board member is expected to apply their specific skills, knowledge or experience to help the board reach sound decisions and make a practical contribution according to their particular knowledge, skills and experience.
This will involve:
- Scrutinising board papers and regularly attending board meetings
- Leading, and participating in, discussions
- Focusing on key issues
- Providing guidance on new initiatives
- Other issues in which the Board member has special expertise.
6 Meetings a Year (1 day in duration) plus some extra days on an annual basis subject to attendance at events and other board commitments.
Terms of Office
Normally limited to a maximum of 2 x 4 years
Welsh Gymnastics Strategy
In 2011 Welsh Gymnastics launched its 2020 Strategy. Since then, good progress has been made to execute the strategy. We will be working to update the strategy in the coming months.
How to Apply
Apply using an updated CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.