2 Independent Non-Executive Directors - Qualis Group
Recruiter: Qualis Group
Posted: 11 Aug 2020
Closes: 11 Sep 2020
Job Function: Non-Executive Director
Industry: Construction / Property
We are looking to appoint two experienced Non-Executive Directors, for the Board of the Qualis Group to contribute to and oversee the implementation of its business strategy and the delivery of Group’s activities. In particular we require a mix of expertise from the commercial property, capital financing and operational business management sectors to oversee £100m investment over five years to produce a balanced portfolio of commercial and residential assets. The Board will oversee the management of the development activity and the operational performance of the services company to drive out further value. Ultimately, profit from trading will return to the Council to support community projects, delivering improvement for those living and working locally.
- Proven experience of financial or commercial property investment with the expertise to critically appraise investment opportunities and the returns and risks inherent in such investments
- Proven ability to bring customer focus and a value for money focused delivery challenge to the Executive Team, together with an understanding of how to balance this against control and delivery risks;
- The ability to develop a clear view of what we are trying to achieve and to contribute to delivering against this vision;
- A demonstrably collaborative way of working, for example with fellow Board members, potentially senior members of the and wider stakeholders;
- Excellent communication of key messages to both internal and external audiences, and the ability to listen to and a willingness to act upon feedback;
- Experience of working with government, housing and/or public sector organisations is desirable as is knowledge of governance issues and processes in such organisations
Skills & Experience required:
- An experienced leader with a proven track record at board-level in a commercially run organisation with complex stakeholder and shareholder interest.
- Previous experience of using your governance and commercial experience, insight and judgement to support operational grip
- Strong commercial and business development acumen able to identify and qualify market opportunity
- Able to absorb complex information and creating evidence-based strategies; evaluating and analysing options, impacts, risks and solutions
- Able to set the highest standards in applying the Nolan and other principles in public life, with sound judgement; able to understand the complex factors that drive decision making and to act accordingly
- Provide independent challenge and support to the Executive team; aiming to maximise return, while minimising risk. Balancing social, political, financial, economic and environmental considerations to provide sustainable outcomes
- Able to provide independent scrutiny and sound judgement, providing challenge and support to ensure the Group delivers on its strategic, business and financial targets and plans; supporting and enabling a culture of customer service
- Able to demonstrate and uphold commitment to diversity, inclusion and equality
Terms and Conditions
The Non- Executive positions offer a remuneration of £500 a day based on a commitment of 1 day a week. Reasonable expenses will be paid and will need to be agreed in advance. Candidates will need to declare any potential conflict of interest prior to appointment.
How to apply
This guidance contains important information to help with your application:
- Please apply by submitting a CV and Covering Letter (no more than four sides of A4 in length per document aligned to the person specification). Please also include your contact details.
- Please ensure all gaps in employment and education history are fully explained on your CV; we may wish to verify this information during the recruitment process.
- Please provide the details of two referees. Note that we will only approach referees for candidates proceeding to final selection and only with your permission. Please clearly indicate whether we can approach each referee before the selection date.
- Please ensure that you address the key requirements as set out in the person specification. These competencies will be used as part of the assessment process.
- Please complete the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form when you upload your details. We are keen to ensure that all our jobs are accessible to all members of the community and use this data to monitor our progress in doing this.
- Please return your application by the closing date – no applications will be accepted once the long listing process has begun.
- Following long listing, you will be contacted directly by a Penna consultant to update you on the status of your application.
For further information please visit: Qualiscareers.co.uk or for a confidential discussion, please contact Roger Russell on 07710 701 570 or [email protected] or Claudia Sousa on 07763 580 368 or firstname.lastname@example.org