Panel Members - Press Recognition Panel
Recruiter: Green Park
Location: London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
Salary: £6,000 per annum
Posted: 24 Apr 2020
Closes: 22 May 2020
Responsibilities: Executive Management, Governance, PR / Communications, Strategy
Sector: Media, Not for Profit / Charity
Contract Type: Voluntary / Trustee
The Press Recognition Panel was established following the phone hacking inquiry to support a free, responsible and vibrant press and protect the public interest. An independent system of press regulation is needed now more than ever.
The PRP independently oversees regulation as part of the post-Leveson system agreed by Parliament to ensure regulators of the press and news publishers are independent, well-funded and have systems in place to safeguard the public from harm.
We are looking for new Board members to join our work in this interesting and complex field, as we set strategy and push for increased standards of regulation. We are making two appointments and are we are keen to speak to people from a diverse range of backgrounds who bring with them:
- Knowledge or experience within the press, media or in news publishing, which might have been built in digital or social media;
- Legal qualifications and skills, together with an understanding of the legal framework within which the Board must operate;
- Financial skills, including experience of delivering value for money;
- Experience of public policy;
- Experience of consumer rights;
- An understanding of the national and regional environments within Great Britain that are relevant to the work of a Regulator.
- A knowledge of the regulatory environment outside England is helpful. Candidates should be independently minded, bring high standards of personal integrity and a passion for fairness and propriety.
To find out more about this role, please visit our microsite - https://search.green-park.co.uk/prp/
Closing date - 9:00am Tuesday 2 June 2020