2 Non-Executive Directors - Intelitude Informatics Ltd
Date Posted: 01/10/2020
Closing Date: 19/10/2020
Salary: £25,000.00-£60,000.00 per year
Medium-sized, management consulting and Finance optimization company seeks two part-time Non-Executive Director to support the Chairman and CEO in decisions concerning finance, HR, long-term strategy, succession and other key issues. Estimated time commitment min. 2 days per month.
The need is to recruit an individual with the skills, experience and personal style required to be a supportive and constructively challenging Non-Executive Director of a growing and developing consulting practice business which is transitioning.
Candidates must have a well-developed general business background, including some relevant exposure to textiles or international trade in raw materials, and who are of appropriate seniority and maturity to be credible members of the Board. They will need to have a listening approach, sound judgement, and an open and inclusive style.
The main components of the role include;
- Being an effective Board member, working with the Chairman & CEO to provide appropriate levels of governance and oversight
- Representing the interests of Shareholders on the Board.
- Encouraging an environment of maximum transparency and objectivity in discussion and decision-making
- Being a supportive and consistent colleague and sounding board to the Board/executive team, providing constructive challenge when necessary
- Engaging with the Group on a broader basis as required, willing to participate outside the formal board/committee meetings and being available on an ad hoc basis as required
- Bringing relevant and recent experience and a well developed general business understanding to Board debate
- Engaging with the Shareholders as appropriate, and when requested, in both formal and informal settings
A successful Non-Executive Director is likely to possess a blend of the following skills and experience;
- Relevant and demonstrable personal success in their chosen field supported by sound business experience gained in a leadership role
- A broad understanding of the industrial and commercial sectors in the UK
- Previous success in Executive, Non-Executive or Chairman roles in a similar organisation
- Commercial aptitude with a sound understanding of strategic and operational business finance in times of both growth and consolidation
- A listening approach, offering sound judgement, gravitas and impact, and an open and inclusive style combined with the ability to probe and challenge in a constructive way
- Excellent personal relationships, capable of engaging with a wide range of people, offering well-developed influencing skills and possessing the art of knowing when to get involved and when to hold back