Non-Executive Director - Flagstone
Salary: 46,382 P.A.
Flagstone is an award winning, FCA-authorised, high-growth fintech and the UK’s market-leading cash deposit marketplace. Our vision is to revolutionise the UK cash deposit and savings market using innovative, technology-based solutions.
Our secure, user-friendly platform allows our customers to take ownership of their cash management; enabling them to compare an extensive panel of exclusive interest rates from the UK’s leading banks and wealth management companies and apply at the click of a button, with a single application. Smarter cash. More interest. Less risk.
Flagstone are a company with big ambitions. Since 2017, our headcount has doubled year on year, and to date, we have raised nearly £30m in venture capital to expand our business and support the needs of growing customer base and team.
At our core are our values of ‘Progression’, ‘Ownership’ and ‘Community’. We forge a new way for ourselves and our customers; driving change through recognising opportunities to improve, taking action to solve problems and delivering results which have an impact. Our expectations are high, and we know that, so it’s important for our employees to look after themselves and take care of each other in order to be the best that they can be. We’re doing this by nurturing an open and inclusive culture which puts action around mental health, well being and a dedication to continuous development at the forefront.
There’s still a lot to do, but we want you to be a part of the journey with us.
What you'll do
- Attend, be fully prepared for and contribute to Board, Committees and other meetings and briefings as required.
- Challenge and support the Executive Team and Board constructively and openly.
- Generate valuable ideas and give wise counsel that will shape the organisation’s growth and success.
- Supporting and challenging business strategy; ensuring appropriate risk appetite, financial controls, use of resources and monitoring performance.
- Role model values; encourage risk awareness and uphold the highest standards of conduct and integrity.
- Ensure that enough time is available to directors to discharge their responsibilities effectively.
- Provide independent and objective guidance to the Board and Executive team on transformation, digital and technology matters.
What you’ll need
- Ability and knowledge to contribute across the full board agenda and win the respect and trust of the Board, Group and wider stakeholders.
- Expertise in: technology/ product, proposition development and delivery; consumer advocacy and/or protection; consumer regulation; and developing data driven insight and strategies.
- Passionate about doing the right thing and delivering value.
- Commercially astute, analytical and insightful.
- Knowledge of UK corporate governance and ideally financial or similar consumer regulation.
- Ensure the continual update of personal skills (with reference to the regulators’ core competencies), and the knowledge and familiarity with the organisation, required to fulfil your roles both on the Board and on-Board committees.
- Take independent professional advice, at the company’s expense, where necessary to discharge the responsibilities of director.
- Ensure that directors and committees are provided with sufficient resources, information flows and support to undertake their duties.
- You take ownership of what you do, and manage your time well
- You’re a problem-solver. As we are growing, we are always looking at ways to improve what we do and how we do it.
- Ambiguity or change does not phase you. You demonstrate the agility in adapt to the situation in front of you.
- You can communicate with and build strong and positive relationships with the business at all levels.
- Emotionally intelligent. Although you’ll like to talk, you’ll also like to listen, and understand the value of a holistic approach.
- A real team player who is approachable and positive. You understand that no individual is bigger than the business and you thrive in a culture of supporting others.
- You understand that start-ups are unpredictable environments and are comfortable with a degree of change as we go on our journey.
- Effective prioritisation. The number and scale of issues don’t phase you as you manage them effectively.
- You can demonstrate an understanding of our product and our mission and have genuine excitement in wanting to be part of building the best team in the market.
We are building a diverse team at Flagstone and we are fully invested in being an equal opportunities employer. We welcome and openly encourage applications from individuals of all nationalities and from underrepresented demographics.