Non-Executive Director - TSB
Business / Organisation Name: TSB
Business / Organisation Sector: Private
Business / Organisation Type: Private Company
Role Title: Non-Executive Director
TSB is a customer focused UK Bank, with a comprehensive proposition portfolio for consumers and businesses that includes current accounts, credit cards, mortgages and loans and multichannel distribution through 532 branches and telephone, on-line and mobile services. Relaunched as an independent bank in 2013, it went public in 2014 and was then acquired by Banco Sabadell Group in 2015. Sabadell shares TSB’s focus on local people, businesses and communities, its values and its commitment to transparency. The bank is financially strong with a balance sheet of c.£40Bn and a Tier 1 Capital Ratio of 20%.
To facilitate future succession and specifically strengthen the consumer perspective at the board, with regard to changing expectations, needs and social trends, consumer protection and regulation; TSB are seeking to appoint an additional independent Non-executive Director. The appointed individual may be asked to become a member of one or more board committees.
This is an opportunity to join the high calibre board of a significant UK challenger bank, with a new CEO and considerable ambition. There is an established customer focused culture in the business, a new sense of purpose and a tangible, pragmatic strategy to deliver value to customers.
- Attend, be fully prepared for and contribute to Board, Committees and other meetings and briefings as required.
- Challenge and support the Executive Team and Board constructively and openly. Generate valuable ideas and give wise counsel that will shape the bank's growth and success.
- Supporting the business strategy; ensuring appropriate risk appetite, financial controls, use of resources and monitoring performance.
- Role model values, encourage risk awareness and uphold the highest standards of conduct and integrity.
- Ability and knowledge to contribute across the full board agenda and win the respect and trust of the Board, Group and wider stakeholders.
- Expertise in a combination of: consumer marketing, proposition development and delivery; consumer advocacy and/or protection; consumer regulation; and developing data driven insight and strategies.
- Passionate about doing the right thing and delivering value for consumers.
- Commercially astute, analytical and insightful.
- Knowledge of UK corporate governance and ideally financial or similar consumer regulation.
Closing Date: 16/04/2020