Pet Care & Accessories Products - Corporate - Paid - Hertfordshire, England
Role No: 994
A Non-Executive Director (Non Exec) is required for a successful fast growing branded pet care products and accessory company based in Hertfordshire.
Our client sells through four main channels: its own an e-commerce web site, online pet retailers, pet wholesalers and large multiple retailers - gross margins are between 55% & 83%.
We are seeking a Non Exec who has pet industry knowledge, is entrepreneurial, has financial and export expertise and who will assist in the continuing growth of this exciting business.
The time commitment is approximately one to two days per month which will include Board meetings, strategic input and mentoring of the current Directors. The successful candidate will be expected to commit 1 to 2 days a month to the company although initially he/she will need to spend more time getting to know the company and the market. Remuneration will be in the region of £5k-£6k per annum, which will be reviewed.
There is an option to invest to align the interests of the Directors.
- Our client is a growing pet care products company based in Kent with growth potential.
- Current turnover (year 3) is approx. £600k with a target of £4m within three years.
- Have taken on our first European distributors in Poland and Lithuania and starting to wholesale in China and America in March/April this year.
- The pet industry is booming and the trend towards humanisation of animals is providing huge entrepreneurial opportunities. People increasingly view their pets as part of the family and continue to spend on them even during difficult economic times.
- The amount spent on pet care products in Europe is up 4% year on year and it's predicted that sales will continue to grow at the same pace for the next five years.
- Americans spent an estimated $52 billion on their animals in 2013 - more than they spend on coffee and bottled water combined.
- Dog ownership in the UK is 6.4m. In Europe it is 16m and in America its 83m.
The Non-Executive Role
Our client is looking for a Non-Executive Director to join its Board. As well as being able to give useful general guidance to the management team, the successful candidate should have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- In depth senior-level experience of the pet industry
- An entrepreneur who will assist in the continuing growth and strategic direction of the company
- Financial acumen
- Knowledge of export markets particularly Europe and the USA.
- Knowledge of either Business to Business to Customer ('B2B2C'), Business to Customer ('B2C') business models or of the underlying technology used in e-commerce/online platforms
If you feel that you meet the criteria outlined above, please click here to first register your CV (if you haven't already done so - there is no charge) and then click "Apply for Role" for role 994 and answer the questions that ask how you match the candidate requirements.
This role will close on Friday 4th March 2016.