Non-Executive Director - Midlands
The Role & Job Purpose:
- To help shape, challenge and support the sound development and delivery of the organisation’s strategic plans, particularly using general commercial and financial areas of expertise and ensure that proper risk assessment, corporate governance and controls are applied.
- To provide support and constructive challenge to the Executive Board, to ensure accurate, timely and relevant information is developed and provided to meet the needs of the business.
- To ensure the management team meets its key performance targets, and holds it to account.
Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Possesses senior executive level experience of the financial services industry, with Insurance and/or Banking experience.
- Upholds the highest standards of integrity and probity, demonstrates outstanding judgement.
- Is a key participant in reviewing and developing the Vision, Mission and Strategy of the Society
- Exhibits independence of thought, courage and integrity, so that the right thing gets done.
- Is an advocate for the customer and member
- Is well versed in identifying, managing and mitigating risk in the context of our regulatory environment, including ‘thinking the unthinkable’
- Has the gravitas and ability to build strong relationships with external stakeholders, in particular our policyholders, regulators, government and the media.
- Displays excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to persuade and effectively influence
- Promotes the highest standards of corporate governance and seeks compliance with the provisions of the Code wherever possible
- Uses breadth of experience to give advice
- Effectively challenges while being supportive
- Is open-minded
- Has a constructive and diplomatic communication style which influences and transfers knowledge
- Understands capital matters and other financial issues to the benefit of the Society
- Is able to demonstrate a clear understanding of and commitment to mutuality, together with a detailed understanding of the benefits to members of a mutual company.
- Is quality, profit and margin improvement oriented, rather than growth for growth’s sake, and able to react appropriately in a downturn
- Understands the technical, legal and commercial aspects associated with a strongly regulated business sector
- Has an understanding of the Society, its management team, culture, products and policyholders
- Is able to coach, mentor and develop the Executive Directors
- Is able to influence and see that the Executives, through the CEO, drive through key commercial decisions on product range, pricing strategy, sales and marketing branding and partnership activity
- Has the ability to make commercial assessments on potential acquisitions
- Has held an Executive position either at a Group or Local (UK) Board or Committee of Management level, as well as previous experience in a NED position.
We want to make this process as straightforward as possible. To this end, we ask that you provide the following documents:
- A covering letter of no more than two pages that addresses and provides evidence against the essential criteria set out in the Person specification. The covering letter provides you with the opportunity to explain your motivation, as well as highlighting how your experience and achievements fit with the requirements of the role.
- An up to date CV, that brings out the relevance of your experience
- Please supply details of two referees, one of which should be your current or most recent employer. If you do not wish us to contact referees, please specify this.
- Finally, please include work, mobile and home telephone contact numbers and email address
For more information please go to the microsite www.green-park-jobs.co.uk/wesleyan