Two Non-executive Directors, Yeovil District Hospital
The Trust is looking for two inspirational Non-executive Directors to join their Board and ensure they achieve the ambitious and exciting challenges that have been set for their hospital and the NHS.
Yeovil District Hospital is recognised as one of the most innovative and forward-thinking NHS Trusts in the country. It has been a successful Vanguard site establishing a clinically-led model of care integrating primary, acute, community and social care. They pride themselves on delivering high quality care to their patients and excellent operational performance.
As part of the Somerset STP the Trust are working with all commissioners and providers of health and social care to establish an Accountable Care System focused on delivering excellent and efficient integrated patient care across the County.
The Trust need two inspirational Non-executive Directors (one to Chair their Financial Resilience and Commercial Committee) to join their Board and ensure they achieve the ambitious and exciting challenges that have been set for their hospital and the NHS.
If you can:
- Help lead an organisation through periods of change;
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and appreciation of complex issues;
- Think radically about developments in healthcare;
- Have a strong commitment to the values of the NHS and the iCARE principles;
- Develop and maintain constructive professional internal and external relationships;
- Use your judgement and mental resilience to participate in making difﬁcult decisions;
- Foster an ethos of continual improvement and a learning culture; and
- Be passionate about the continual development of oneself and the Board -
Why not join them at this pivotal time in their evolution?
Experience and background
- The Trust's Non-executives do not require any previous public sector experience, but will have extensive experience of operating at a senior level, preferably as a Non-executive Director, in a complex commercial or service organisation, and have strong business acumen.
- Be able to analyse and interpret complex data.
- Be able to chair meetings effectively.
- Have an understanding of providing strategic direction and knowledge of governance and how boards should add value.
- Be able to lead an organisation through periods of change and demonstrate a thorough understanding and appreciation of the issues facing a complex and developing organisation in a changing environment.
If applying as a Non-executive to chair the Financial Resilience and Commercial Committee, you must demonstrate significant commercial and financial literacy.
Areas of background could include care services, particularly from the primary, community or social care sector, information technology or financial services (especially relevant if seeking a role as Chair of the Audit Committee).
- Have an interest in healthcare but more importantly a strong commitment to the values of the NHS and the iCARE principles and strategic direction of the Trust.
- Role model the Nolan Principals for Public Life and have strong levels of personal integrity.
- Be able to empathise with, communicate with, lead and inspire a wide range of people, both internally within the Trust and externally in the wider community and beyond.
- Apply specialist knowledge and experience appropriately.
- Develop and maintain constructive professional relationships (including the executive team, other Board members, governors, and key stakeholders) through excellent interpersonal skills, team working and good communication style.
- Have the judgement, coupled with the mental resilience, to lead and participate in making difﬁcult evidence-based decisions.
- Foster an ethos of continual improvement and a learning culture throughout the Trust, and be passionate about the continual development and training of oneself and the Board.
- Job description and person specification
PDF, 414.7 KB
To apply or to arrange a phone call with the Chairman, Paul von der Heyde, please contact Cheryl Villis, PA to the Acting CEO and Chairman, at Cheryl.Villis@ydh.nhs.uk or 01935 384592.
Closing Date for Applications: 4 February 2018
Interview Date: 13 February 2018