Independent Chair - Table Tennis Wales
|Location:||Wales > Cardiff > Cardiff|
|Salary / Hourly Rate:||annum|
Non Executive Director,
Chair, Table Tennis Wales
At an exciting time for Table Tennis Wales, we are currently seeking a Chair to drive the strategy and direction of the organisation. Our vision is that table tennis in Wales will continue to be a growing and successful sport.
We are looking for an individual with an interest in the sport sector who has the skills and abilities that can effectively lead the sport including integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
The Chair will lead and manage the Board of Table Tennis Wales and will be required to develop a vision, strategy and related policies in collaboration with the Executive Directors, staff and key volunteers. We strongly recommend that potential applicants read the person specification/role description to understand the role, commitment and the skills and competencies we are looking for.
Table Tennis Wales is a company limited by guarantee and all Board Members are Directors of the company. Table Tennis Wales is committed to equality of opportunity and the formation of a balanced, inclusive and skilled board and we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or beliefs.
Please submit a CV with a supporting letter which sets out how you meet the person specification and your suitability for the role
TTW Chair Key Responsibilities
- To lead the board in promoting and directing Table Tennis Wales to meet its primary objectives, including setting the organisation's vision, values and strategic direction
- With the board, to ensure TTW's organisational structure and capability, including the resources available, are appropriate for implementing the strategy
- To ensure the effectiveness of the board in securing the long-term success of the organisation and the sport of Table Tennis
- To manage, support and act as a trusted adviser to the General Manager, liaising closely and holding them to account for the achievement of agreed plans while maintaining a high level of staff morale, commitment and motivation
- To be an ambassador for the sport of Table Tennis and to assist the General Manager in developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and funders
- To ensure the board maintains careful oversight of any risk and/or financial standing of the organisation
- To ensure that decision-making is democratic, and everyone can make a full contribution in meetings; enable the Board to function as a team
- Able to "lead from the front" in terms of demonstrating the highest standards of integrity at all times. Ensure that Board and Staff aspire to best practice in all areas of corporate and sport governance
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of effective leadership in an organisation with multiple stakeholders. They will demonstrate credibility and gravitas to lead the organisation and represent table tennis at the highest levels. An interest in sport and table tennis is desirable.
- Commitment to Table Tennis Wales, its values, goals and ethics
- Can drive and develop high performing boards
- Can inspire with confidence and commitment, encouraging all Board members to contribute to ensure fulfilment of strategic aims
- Understanding of the environment
- Understanding the contribution sport makes to society and the funding available to sports bodies
- Influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, with the ability to develop effective partnerships and gain commitment
- Understanding of good corporate governance
- Has experience of applying sound governance principles to decision-making, systems and structures.
- Understanding of sports governance
- Knowledge of sport-related governance standards and challenges, including important areas such as safeguarding, anti-doping
- Highly developed communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to adapt communication and messages to a variety of audiences
- Values-based behaviour
- Displaying integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
- Instils trust and confidence and behaves in a fair and ethical manner toward others
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to analyse and assess information to make effective decisions
- Business skills and experience
- Experience of applying business principles. This might be within a corporate business, membership, not-for-profit or sporting organisation.
PLEASE SUBMIT A CV WITH A SUPPORTING LETTER ATTACHED, WHICH SETS OUT HOW YOU MEET THE PERSON SPECIFICATION AND YOUR SUITABILITY FOR THE ROLE
If you would like an informal discussion regarding this role then please contact either Rhian Pearce, General Manager on: 029 20 334999 or email@example.com, or Neil O'Connell, Company Secretary on: 01495 352118 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Gareth Edwards, Director Executive Search at Acorn on 01633 287131 or email@example.com
TTW is committed to equality of opportunity and the formation of a balanced, inclusive and skilled board. TTW positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or beliefs.
Closing Date: 5pm, Friday, 27th April 2018
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.