The Chair will lead both the Board of Directors and the Council of Governors. He/she will provide strategic leadership and will develop strong trust-based relationships with patients, service users, their families and carers, staff and other stakeholders. He/She must ensure high standards of probity and governance and that the Trust complies with its enforcement action, its constitution and statutory obligations at all times and returns to, and remains within, compliance with its license. The Chair will lead the board in upholding its corporate responsibilities, safeguarding and promoting the organisation’s values and philosophy, particularly relating to ethics, integrity and social responsibility. The Chair will ensure the trust implements its strategic vision and plans, and ensure that the organisation evolves into one with a culture of continuous improvement.
- Provide exceptional leadership to the Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust Board and Council of Governors, and play a central role in ensuring the Trust realises its corporate objectives and fulfils its statutory requirements
- Ensure that Southern Health always meets the needs of those individuals in its care, and addresses all clinical and financial challenges through the delivery of safe, high quality and cost-effective services
- Uphold the values of Southern Health by example, and ensure that the organisation promotes equality and diversity for all its patients, staff and other stakeholder
- Work as an ambassador for Southern Health, in partnership with the Chief Executive, to continue to improve and strengthen external relationships at a local, regional and national level
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders, staff and the public, providing ongoing reassurance that the leadership of the Trust is stable and that the quality of care provided to service users and their families is all that it should be.
Remuneration - £45,000 per annum
Time commitment - 2/3 days a week
|Closing date for applications:||28 April 2017|
|Shortlisting:||w/c 15 May 2017|
|Interview date:||w/c 22 May 2017|
Find out more
For a confidential discussion, please contact Rhiannon Smith or Jenny Adrian on: 020 7935 4570.
How to apply
All applications must quote the reference SHChair and include:
- A full curriculum vitae
- A covering letter indicating how you meet the selection criteria and articulating why you are interested in the role
- Contact details for four referees (who will not be contacted without your permission) • A contact email address and telephone number
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form and Fit and Proper Person Self-Certification Form (available on our website: www.hunter-healthcare.com/opportunities/).
Shortlisted candidates will be expected to meet the Fit and Proper Persons Test – further information can be found here: http://www.nhsconfed.org/resources/2014/12/fit-and-proper-person-test-briefing
Please send by email to Rhiannon Smith at Hunter Healthcare on: firstname.lastname@example.org