Scottish Rugby - Non-Executive Director
Scottish Rugby seeks an independent Non Executive Director to fill a vacancy being created by the retirement of the current Chairman, Sir Moir Lockhead. One of the current Independent Non Executives, Colin Grassie, has been appointed to succeed Sir Moir as Chairman, when he steps down at the end of December 2016. This is an opportunity to contribute at the very heart of Scottish Rugby.
The organisation’s Nomination Committee is conducting the process of identifying potential candidates for this vacancy. Scottish Rugby and operates an active equality and diversity policy.
- effective communication skills
- ability to assimilate information and contribute in an effective manner
- good strategic thinking and approach
- an affinity with and interest in sport in general and preferably rugby
Taking account of the profile and business of Scottish Rugby and skill set already on the Board, some of the following:
- knowledge of international markets or in running an international organisation
- commercial, marketing, customer service or relationship management experience
- involvement with professional sport or associated activities – eg sports broadcasting or sponsorship, or sports governing bodies – at a high level
- financial or accounting background or at least a very good understanding of financial matters
Initial Period of Appointment
3 years, commencing January 2017.
The expected time commitment is approximately 20-25 days per year, including attendance at matches.
The 2017 Board diary has:
- 7 Board meeting (afternoons but with morning set aside for Committees)
- 1 full day Joint Session with the Council
- 1 full day Strategy meeting
In addition, attendance at some home international matches would be expected. Directors are also invited to attend away international matches. There are 5 or 6 home matches per year and 2 or 3 away matches.
£15,000 per year. No additional fees are paid for service on Board Committees.
If you are interested in this position please contact Willie Finlayson, Director at email@example.com or call him on 0131 539 7087 to discuss this role in more detail.