Non-Executive Director - Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust
The Trust is now seeking an exceptional new Non-Executive Director with a clinical background, to support the Board through the continued transformation of the Trust’s clinical services.
The Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest district general hospital foundation trusts in the country. With a turnover of over £345m, employing over 5,000 staff and delivering care from 5 locations, we provide acute medical and surgical services to a population of 500,000 patients in Reading, Wokingham and West Berkshire and specialist services to a wider population of 1 million across Berkshire and its borders.
We are a designated specialist centre in cancer, bariatric care, heart attack and stroke and have many things to be proud of, including the fact that heart attack patients arriving at the Hospital are receiving the fastest lifesaving treatment anywhere in the country.
- To contribute to developing the Trust’s mission, vision and values, ensuring that the Trust’s obligations to its stakeholders and the wider community are understood and fairly balanced at all times
- Assist fellow Directors in setting the Trusts strategic objectives and in ensuring that the necessary financial and human resources are in place for the Trust to meet its objectives, and that efficiency and performance is effectively monitored, challenged and reviewed
- As a member of the Board, set the tone of the organisation and through effective leadership behaviours help to influence and shape the culture of the organisation
Time Commitment - Minimum 3 days per month
Salary – £15,605 pa
Term of Office – 3 years
Our ideal candidate will have:
- An experienced clinician with senior management experience having worked in a clinical environment and in an organisation known for its patient orientated focus with a personal orientation toward developing safe, progressive and efficient organisations cultures, driven through strategies aimed to maximise the clinical effectiveness
- Experience of working with diverse populations and representing a range of interests within a local and regional community
- The leadership qualities required for participating at Board level, maintaining a profile across the Trust and externally, encouraging debate, whilst articulating the highest standards of governance.
- A strong commitment to the NHS with an understanding of the key drivers of transformation
- The interpersonal skills to provide challenge and advice to the Board and a series of internal and external committees, as the Board sets strategic direction as regards quality and finance, in order to achieve innovation and growth.
You must reside in one of our Constituencies to be eligible to apply for the position. Please see additional information for a list of acceptable Constituencies.
We value and promote equality and inclusion, and encourage applications from all sections of the community particularly candidates from a BAME background.
Please complete and submit a short application via NHS jobs and attach your CV and covering letter.
Closing date: 28 January 2018
Interview Date: 22 February 2018
Find out more
For further details or to arrange an informal visit contact:
Graham Sims - Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0118 322 7230