Non-Executive Director - Principality Building Society
Recruiter: Principality Building Society
Posted: 04 Jan 2018
Closes: 01 Feb 2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
A highly successful, customer centric, forward looking Society - 'Where home matters'
The Principality is one of the largest and financially strong Building Societies (number 6 in the UK) and the leading Society in Wales, with a balance sheet more than GBP9bn (December 2016 GBP8.2bn) and over half a million members. The Society is a significant and influential business and employer in Wales, has very high consumer recognition and does a great deal to support the communities and economy of Wales. The connection of the Society to its heartland and regional origins gives it a unique strength of identity. The Principality is committed to an ambitious strategy focusing on growth in its core mortgage and savings business and it has a clear purpose "to help people prosper in their homes, at every stage of life".
Within this context, the Board is looking to recruit an additional Non-Executive director to support future rotation and succession. Your contribution will help shape the successful execution of the Society's distribution, digital and change agenda. A cornerstone of the Society's Transformation Programme is investment in technology to support product proposition development, provide an omni channel experience for members and to allow colleagues to provide an even better service than they do today.
We are looking to appoint a high calibre, commercially oriented business leader who has a progressive track record of operating at/or near to Board level. We will consider executives looking to secure their first independent Non-Executive role and commit to supporting their development. Your experience, knowledge and attributes will include:
- Operating within a digital/tech led environment and understands distribution and marketing (including social media)
- A qualified accountant (to offer potential succession to the Chair posts).
- Contributing to the success of market leading, consumer facing, multi-channel organisations
- Proven ability to quickly adapt to new sectors, different sized businesses and thrive within ambitious, dynamic, regulated environments
- Understanding and appreciating the importance of corporate governance and risk frameworks. Some knowledge of financial services would therefore be beneficial.
- Thinking strategically; bringing independence of thought, sound judgment and highly developed communication skills; is learning oriented and passionate about business
- Strong identification with the mutual sector; possesses integrity, customer ethos and values in line with the Society's values
Please apply by submitting a CV and short covering letter demonstrating how you meet the role's requirements, quoting reference number 002. Alternatively, please call our advisors Deborah Cooper firstname.lastname@example.org on 020 7569 9535 or Louise Taylor email@example.com on 0207 569 9556 to discuss the role further and/or request the candidate brief.