Non-executive Director - Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust
Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust is a leading provider of community and mental health services. Our vision is to deliver the best care to patients, people and families in our local communities by working effectively with partners to help people to live well.
With a key role in the Greater Manchester Health and Social Care partnership, we are moving at pace to develop integrated health and social care services for our population. We have a workforce of 5,500 dedicated staff and an annual income of £274m.
At this exciting time in our development we have a vacancy to appoint a Non-Executive Director (NED) for our Board and would welcome applications from candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working in a senior clinical position in a healthcare environment with empathy for the experience of our service users and carers, who can help ensure we keep the patient perspective at the forefront of our decision-making;
- The skills to complement yet bring appropriate challenge to our current Board members who represent medical, nursing, healthcare professionals and social care perspectives, and who will have credibility and ability to engage with dedicated staff, Governors and members;
- Direct involvement with range of diverse communities;
- Experience of working at Board-level (or equivalent) within a complex, service-driven environment;
- Ability to promote the highest standards of integrity and corporate governance, ensuring that quality, finance and operational demands are held in balance;
- The credibility and political awareness to collaborate with our wide range of external stakeholders.
Whilst NHS experience would be an advantage, the Trust welcomes fresh perspectives. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and ensure we meet our legal duties under the auspices of the Equality Act. As such within our recruitment processes we will ensure there is no discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, any physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, caring responsibilities or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications and merit. Additionally as a major employer we have signed up to being a Disability Confident Employer. Currently our Board is under-represented by members from diverse backgrounds therefore we would welcome applications from BME communities.
How to respond:
All applications must be made by completing the NED application form available via the Trust’s website: https://feeds.trac.jobs/redirect/126/vacancy/1303268
For an informal discussion about the role please contact the Trust Chair, Evelyn Asante-Mensah OBE on 0161 716 3001. There will also be an opportunity to meet representatives of the Trust and get valuable information to support your application, details of which can be found in the candidate pack in the above link.
- Information Pack
PDF, 166.6 KB
- Closing date: Monday 8 October 2018
- Expected interview date: Monday 5 November 2018
- Remuneration: £15,150
- Commitment: Equivalent to 4-6 days per month