Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust - Non-Executive Director
We are recruiting for a Non-Executive Director for Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
With a turnover of c £200m and employing around 4,000 staff, we are a major local employer with a reputation as a provider of quality hospital services with a track record of strong financial management, quality governance and patient safety.
You will play a key role in the delivery of the Trust’s five-year strategy, setting out an exciting future for the trust as the provider of choice for a range of acute, elective and community services as well as a developing range of regional specialist services.
The Non-Executive Director acts as an objective, critical friend and will be required to contribute to setting the strategic direction, effectively participate in the Board, ensuring effective governance and compliance and the meeting of performance targets required by the commissioners of services, NHS Improvement, the Care Quality Commission and other statutory bodies.
The Non-Executive Director will need to ensure that the Board acts in the best interests of service users, patients, the community and wider public.
We are seeking to appoint an individual with strategic finance experience and ideally a recognised financial qualification.
The successful candidate will have a track record of achievement as a director in a large and complex service-provision environment. Board or very senior level experience in the public and/or private sector and/or voluntary sector is an essential requirement for this role.
- In particular, individuals will possess excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills to support internal and external engagement
senior level experience gained in a large, complex organisation
- understand the sustainability of service provision
- have knowledge, or ability to quickly gain knowledge, of health services and operational management in the NHS
- have an understanding of the political context in which the NHS and wider health care operates
- understand and appreciate of the context within which the Trust is working which informs the future agenda
- be a clear and strategic thinker with the confidence, credibility and sensitivity to engage with a wide range of audiences both inside and outside the Trust.
- demonstrate a clear understanding of executive and non- executive roles and their boundaries;
- be ambitious for the Trust and for the Board in carrying out its duties
- take part in a regular programme of walk-rounds in the hospital
- challenge professional views in a confident and assured manner;
- listen sensitively to the views of others, inside and outside the Board, and gain the trust,respect and confidence of a wide range of audiences;
- promote the highest standards of corporate governance.
Applicants would be welcomed who bring diversity to the current profile of the Non- Executive Directors and have an understanding of how that diversity can bring added value to the role.
- Information pack PDF, 381.0 KB
- Closing date 18 December 2017
- Long listing 8 January 2018
- Preliminary interviews 11 and 15 January 2018
- Short listing 22 January 2018
- Assessment w/c 22 January 2018
- Final Panel 1 February 2018
Find out more
Applications should be made by submitting a comprehensive CV, a detailed supporting statement (no more than two pages) that:
- addresses the appointment criteria as set out in the person specification
- includes details of two referees who we would be able to contact if required
Please also ensure you have completed and submitted the equal opportunities monitoring form provided on this site. The information on the form will be treated as confidential, and used for statistical purposes only. The form will not be treated as part of your application.
All applications will be acknowledged.
The final appointment will be made subject to satisfactory references, health clearance and fulfilment of the fit and proper person’s test.
If you have any queries about any aspect of the appointment process, need additional information or wish to have an informal and confidential discussion, our advising consultant Melanie Shearer 0207 426 3971 will be pleased to talk to you. GatenbySanderson will respect the privacy of any initial approach or expression of interest in this role, whether formal or informal.
- Remuneration: £13,100 per annum
- Time commitment: 4 days per month