Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - Non-executive Director
Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust are recruiting a non-executive director. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust are recruiting a non-executive director. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is a high performing provider of acute hospital services on the South Coast of England. They have an outstanding reputation for quality and provide acute and specialist services to their local population in Poole, East Dorset, Purbeck and beyond. They are a major local employer and play a key role as part of the vibrant and cohesive community.
The Trust are now seeking to recruit a talented and highly motivated Non-Executive Director to join the Board of Directors and assist in driving forward the Trust’s strategic development, particularly around the implementation of the Dorset wide Clinical Services Review. This work has been underway for some time, aimed at establishing sustainable services for the future. Now that Dorset has been designated as one of the eight new Accountable Care Systems (ACS) in the country, they are expecting a real “step change” over the next few years in the way in which partners work together to integrate services and achieve excellent outcomes for local people.
Remuneration: £12,120 rising to £15,150 when the person takes on the Chair of the Finance and Investment Committee role.
The Trust are actively looking for an individual who is commercially aware and a qualified accountant bringing Board or senior level experience in an organisation of significant complexity.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of leadership, change management and personal achievement in a complex environment in either the private or public sector. S/he is likely to have had Non-Executive Director experience and possess most or all of the following:
Essential Experience and Skills
- Highly credible with experience of operating at senior level within an organisation with significant budgets/complexity gained in the private or public sector;
- Board level experience in a large /complex/changing organisation;
- A qualified accountant;
- Significant track record of leadership with a highly trained workforce including managing a team of multidisciplinary managers or professionals;
- Experience of operating in a regulated environment;
- A portfolio of high level organisational and governance skills including such things as strategic planning, financial management, risk management, organisational performance management and service delivery and development;
- Politically astute – able to grasp relevant issues underpinned by an understanding of developing partnerships and building relationships with other organisations;
- Experience of achieving change management and transformation in a complex organisation;
- Understands or has the ability to quickly and effectively grasp the environment in which the Trust operates.
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to Mandy Craig, head of Operational HR at email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 25 August 2017.
- Advertisement PDF, 67.9 KB
- Information pack PDF, 107.2 KB
This is a comprehensive information pack for candidates, which explains the requirements to undertake the role, as well as details of how to apply and information about the trust.
- Closing date for applications: 25 August 2017
- Interview date: 5 October 2017
Find out more
For a confidential discussion and more information about the role, please contact Steve Erskine, Chairman on 01202 442624 or email firstname.lastname@example.org