NED- Director Board Level- Pharmaceutical Industry. Ad Hoc
Please call 01189 268 685 for remuneration details.| Home Based| Permanent
Our client is a leading pharmaceutical healthcare company that provides a product and service based solution for NHS and private healthcare providers; on both a UK and International basis.
On their behalf we now seek to retain a Non Executive Director ( 18 days over year + Board meetings) to the team.
Key responsibilities and main tasks for the NED include:
- Strategy. Helping ensure a sound strategy is in place serving the interests of the company and meeting agreed performance targets. To support the development of the strategy by challenging the Executive in terms of robustness and contributing ideas, bringing own expertise and experience to bear as external sources of advice on key strategic issues.
- Management and outsourcing oversight. You will play a key role in the monitoring, continuous evaluation and, where necessary, challenging the performance and competence of internal stakeholders and senior executives. This includes challenging behavior demonstrated by executives that is not in line with the company values and accepted corporate ethical standards.
- Risk and compliance. Ensuring that effective systems exist for internal control and for the identification and management of risk; and will regularly review major areas of risk, and the adequacy of risk mitigation measures.
- Governance. Contributing as a member of the Board and a member of its Remuneration Committee. To develop the effectiveness of the whole governance structure, as appropriate, giving independent assurance to the Board that the company abides by the highest standard of business conduct.
Essential Experience and Key Competencies Required
Candidates for this role must have the following experience:
- Have been a Board level Executive or non-executive Director of a complex Pharmaceutical commercial organisation.
- Demonstrate the following key competencies:
- Independence and impartiality, including an ability to question or challenge the Executive, using and applying their experience from elsewhere, and to challenge constructively the existing way of doing things.
- Business strategy skills, including an ability to interpret business and management information to determine business performance and development, an ability to simplify and focus on big issues, and an ability to understand and appreciate the impact of transformational change that has already taken place within the company, and to support the continuing need for change.
- Influencing and communicating skills, including an ability to develop an effective and constructive relationship with the MD, other executives and NEDs and other key external influencers.
- An understanding of Pharmaceutical industry and public sector governance requirements and the way of working; or the ability to quickly gain this understanding.
To apply for this role, please contact Sarah Waring 07887 855 352 firstname.lastname@example.org , in the first instance.