Independent Director – YPO
Salary: £25,000 per annum for 2.5 days per month
For 43 years, YPO has been a major force in public sector procurement. Owned by 13 local authorities, the organisation handles business of over £700m, generated through both a warehouse operation and around 100 framework contracts.
YPO is a unique organisation – publicly owned but run for profit, and at the forefront of driving the public sector efficiency agenda when it’s needed most.
Recently, YPO has expanded on a national scale, selling products and services to schools, local authorities and the wider public sector across the UK, as well as establishing itself within new markets. Central to this is the limited company trading arm, YPO Procurement Holdings Ltd, which allows the organisation to trade with the private sector and internationally.
The Management Committee of Local Authority Elected Members is looking to appoint a commercially aware Independent Director to help guide business growth, aid decision making and represent their interests on the YPO Board.
As Independent Director, you’ll:
- Contribute an insightful, informed perspective on business discussions
- Provide robust guidance on YPO’s direction, market presence and commerciality to public-sector Board colleagues
- Comment constructively on meeting content, format and conduct to optimise their effectiveness
- Positively shape the culture and behaviours of our organisation
- Work individually with Board members and support their individual project plans
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience working at a complex, fast-moving company
- Be commercially aware with experience overseeing complex budgets
- Have proven experience leading change at a large commercial business
- Have demonstrable commercial, financial, entrepreneurial and managerial acumen
- Be able to think outside the box and offer a fresh perspective on business issues
- Be experienced providing strategic direction to a complex business
- Have delivered or sponsored a major strategic project
- Experience in both public and private sector advantageous
For more information on how to apply and to download a candidate brief please visit www.veredus.co.uk reference code 930175 or for an informal conversation please contact Nick Cole or Michelle Atkinson at Veredus on 07769 165101.
Closing Date: 8th September 2017