Two Non-executive Directors - Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
This is an exciting opportunity for two exceptional individuals.
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust is a high-performing organisation rated as ‘Good’ overall and ‘Outstanding’ for care by the Care Quality Commission. With a vision to provide Excellence Every Time, HDFT places an unwavering focus on care quality and living up to our values of being Respectful, Responsible and Passionate. The Trust provides services across Harrogate, the rest of North Yorkshire, North Leeds, County Durham, Darlington and Middlesbrough (and in Stockton and Gateshead during early 2018).
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust are seeking to appoint two Non-Executive Directors with Board-level or equivalent experience in commerce or the public sector. They particularly welcome applications from those who have been at the heart of improving collaborative and partnership working in their field. One appointment will be from early May 2018 and the other from early autumn 2018.
Your experience should include a demonstrable track record of success and an understanding of, and commitment to, values of accountability, good governance, probity, openness and equality of opportunity. You will be a strategic thinker and experienced in leading and delivering complex organisational change. You will have excellent communication and listening skills, as well as being commercially and politically astute. An understanding of the role of Non-Executive Directors is essential, as is an ability to analyse complex information and an appreciation of the future operating context for the NHS.
These are exciting roles in a vibrant environment, providing the opportunity to be at the forefront of new thinking in tomorrow’s NHS. The time commitment is, on average, five days per month and the post will attract remuneration at the rate of c£13,000 per annum.
- Ability to think strategically, understand complex issues and make decisions pragmatically
- Prepared to take difficult decisions and challenge constructively
- Integrity and high ethical standards
- A strong personal commitment to the values of the Trust and the NHS
- Independent and impartial approach
- Sound judgement and an open, enquiring mind
Knowledge and Experience
- Senior (Board-level or equivalent) experience in an expanding and complex enterprise
- Demonstrable strategic experience
- Experience of improving collaborative and partnership working
- Experience of complex organisational change at a senior level
- Track record of success in senior positions
- Understanding of, and commitment to, public service values of accountability, probity, good governance, openness and equality of opportunity
- Experience of interfacing with multiple partners at a strategic level
Skills and Abilities
- Understands the independent role of Non-Executive Directors
- Strong influencing skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to analyse complex information, with an understanding of performance and financial reporting and monitoring
- Commercially and politically astute
- Other specific requirements
- Must be a Member of, or eligible to become a Member of, HDFT
- Understanding of the unique responsibilities of NHS FT Boards
- Understanding of public, patient and stakeholder expectations of the NHS
- Understanding of the emerging strategic context for the NHS, especially around collaboration
- A desire to work closely with Health and Social Care and other partners
- Flexibility to adapt to varied roles
The Trust values and promotes diversity and inclusion, and welcomes applications from people from all backgrounds, and particularly those with protected characteristics, to strengthen the diversity of the Board.
- Information pack
PDF, 244.5 KB
- Closing date for receipt of applications 23 February 2018
- Shortlisting 13 March 2018
- Interviews 9 April 2018
For further details of this vacancy, or to request an application pack, please visit the Trust website at www.hdft.nhs.uk or contact Lynn Parsons, Executive Assistant to the Chairman, on 01423 554423, or via email at email@example.com