Two Non-executive directors for George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust
These are exceptional opportunities to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
GEH provides a range of hospital and community-based services to more than 300,000 people in North Warwickshire, South West Leicestershire and North Coventry. The hub of the Trust is the George Eliot Hospital, based on the outskirts of Nuneaton. The hospital provides a range of elective, non-elective, surgical, medical, women’s, children’s, diagnostic and therapeutic services.
The Trust also provides a range of community services across Coventry, Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
We are recruiting for two Non-executive directors for George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust (GEH). These are exceptional opportunities to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior or board level experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Health & Social Care
- Third sector or equivalent
- Experience of successful delivery of transformational change in a large organisation
- Experience in quality / service improvement and redesign with a demonstrable track record of delivering quality improvement at a strategic level. Experience should be from the health and social care sector, ideally from a medical, nursing, clinical or social care background. The successful candidate would be a member of the Trust’s Quality Committee.
- You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- Work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- Bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- Hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- Shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
- Information pack PDF, 346.1 KB
This is a comprehensive information pack for candidates, which explains the requirements to undertake the role, as well as details of how to apply and information about the trust.
- Monitoring form DOC, 105.5 KB
We like to monitor information to establish who applies for our roles and to ensure no group is treated unfairly. Your answers will be treated confidentially and will not be shared with the selection panel unless explicitly stated.
- Closing date for receipt of applications * 15 January 2018
- Interview date w/c 12 February 2018 (except afternoon of 14 February 2018)
- Proposed start date To be confirmed
If you wish to be considered for this role please provide:
- a CV that includes your address and contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- a supporting statement that highlights your motivation for applying and your understanding of the NHS and the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles and how your experience matches the person specification
- the names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references will be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- please complete and return the monitoring information form which accompanies this pack and is available for download
- tell us about any dates when you will not be available
Find out more
With the Trust - for an informal and confidential discussion with Christopher Spencer, the Acting Chair of the Trust, please contact Julie Tutchener on 02476 865380.
With NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Cody Landshaw on 0300 123 2067 or by emailing email@example.com