Two Non-executive Directors - Essex Partnership University Foundation Trust
Following the merger between North Essex Partnership University NHS FT and South Essex Partnership University NHS FT, EPUT was established on 1 April 2017 and are currently recruiting to two Non-Executive Director vacancies on the Board of Directors.
The Trust is seeking two outstanding Non-Executive Directors who will support the Board in complex discussions and negotiations in a rapidly changing landscape. The ideal candidate will have the skills and experience below that will be essential to complement those currently represented on the Board and to equip the Board to meet the Trust’s exciting and demanding agenda.
- At least two years’ recent experience of working at Board level in a comparable large, complex, changing organisation in industry, the health or social care sector, or the third sector
- A proven track record of driving change and operating at the highest level in AT LEAST ONE of the following areas:
- Quality improvement and innovation at a strategic level
- Recent commercial experience including new business models, service re-design, and joint ventures
- Strategic development and management of land, property and assets
- Using digital technology to drive and support strategic change.
- Full details of the criteria can be found in the information pack.
- Awareness and understanding of the requirements of the NHS operating environment as set down by NHS Improvement
- Experience of mental health and/or community health services
- Knowledge of diverse local communities
- Interest in, or experience of, equality and diversity issues
- Top level experience/informed awareness of other parts of the health and social care sector, e.g. commissioning experience would be an advantage, as would experience from a commercial environment.
EPUT is an Equal Opportunities Employer, and values and promotes diversity and encourages applications from all sections of the community.
- Information pack PDF, 284.1 KB
This is a comprehensive information pack for candidates, which explains the requirements to undertake the role, as well as details of how to apply and information about the trust.
|11 – 22 June 2018||Opportunity for brief informal discussion with the Chair of the Trust|
|27 June 2018 at 10:00am||Applications closing deadline*|
|27 June – 4 July 2018||Long-listing – applications will be reviewed for compliance with eligibility criteria and completeness of documentation. CVs and supporting statements/letters will be reviewed against key ‘Essential Expertise’ criteria set out in section 2.4. Candidates who pass these two stages will have an informal telephone conversation with the Chair of the Trust.|
|6 July 2018||Short-listing – this is carried out by the Council of Governors Nominations Committee, who will review the CVs and supporting statements/letters of long-listed candidates against the full range of criteria set out in section 2.4 to determine who will be invited to interview. The Trust Secretary will email to let you know whether or not you have been invited to interview. If you are invited to interview and are unable to attend on the set date, an alternative date can only be offered at the discretion of the Committee.|
|16 July 2018||Informal meeting with a group of key stakeholders followed by formal interview. Confirmation of the timings will be provided when you are invited to interview.|
|23 July 2018||Council of Governors meeting to approve recommendation to appoint.|
|August/September 2018||Take up post (starting date to be agreed, but as soon as possible following completion of the relevant checks)|
* Applications should be sent:
By email to: email@example.com (please quote NED Application in the subject field)
By post to: Trust Secretary
Wickford SS11 7XX
Find out more
More information about the Trust including annual and strategic plans and details about our services, is available on their website: www.eput.nhs.uk