Non-Executive Director - CEME The Centre for Engineering and Manufacturing Excellence
Location: Rainham, Essex, RM13 8EU, United Kingdom
Job ID: 37441363
Posted: October 9, 2017
Position Title: Non-Executive Director
Company Name: CEME The Centre for Engineering and Manufacturing Excellence
Job Function: Non-Executive
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: GCSE/GNVQ/O level
Required Travel: None
Salary: $0.00 - $0.00 (Yearly Salary)
Independent Non-Executive Director (Non Exec/Trustee) with finance and funding expertise is required for a London-based regeneration charity that is a catalyst for economic growth in London.
CEME –The Centre for Engineering and Manufacturing Excellence is a leading UK Industrial Charity and operates from its world class campus in East London. CEME is a high profile project in the sector and is a significant institution in London and the wider Thames Gateway.
The Non-Executive should have Board level experience likely to be as a Finance Director and will advise and assist the Executive in the development of the business through expansion which could be through by grant funding of via risk capital investment. The Non-Executive will work with the Board of Directors and Executive Directors to provide knowledge and confidence to help effectively pursue debt or alternative funding options to support the growth of the organisation in a way commensurate with its values.
The Company and its Market:
- CEME is a leading UK Industrial Charity – it is an education, skills and innovation and research organisation that develops and supports economic development in the UK – it is based on its campus in London.
- CEME is a profitable organisation established 15 years ago as part of a £400m regeneration programme in London. Charged to bring prosperity and employment to the area via the regeneration of the manufacturing, engineering and technology sectors.
- CEME is a substantial organisation at the heart of a thriving engineering, manufacturing, science and technology sector in the Thames gateway.
- The company has been highly successful and is ambitious for the future hence the addition of two Non Execs – one with specific skills in property & finance.
The Finance & Funding Non-Executive Director (Trustee) role:
- The Non-Executive must be positive in his/her approach and “solution orientated” in tackling challenges. Must also be a team player with high energy, self-assured and confident and be prepared to challenge and be challenged on funding and finance issues.
- The Non-Executive will be able to commit to a minimum of 12 days per year including attending and preparing for ten Board Meetings PA. In addition the company holds a one-day away day/strategy meeting.
- The Non-Executive may be expected to commit to an additional 5 days pa to support the Executive and the Board where required on specific finance/funding issues.
- The Non-Executive will be appointed for 3 years and will also sit on a Sub-Committee likely to be Audit and Risk.
- The role will include ensuring that the company’s financial resources are appropriately directed in pursuit of its objectives.
- The chosen candidate will need to support and advise the Board of Directors in the development of business strategies in relation to property designed to meet the company’s objective.
- This Non Exec role is non-remunerated other than expenses. The Non Exec’s Remuneration will however be reviewed annually.
- Board level experience, likely to be as a Finance Director and preferably with Non Exec experience in an organisation with a £20m + turnover.
- Strong Governance credentials in the private and public sectors.
- Must be credible with Government Ministers, senior Government officials and other stakeholders such as lenders and philanthropists.
- Experience of Venture Capital & Crowdfunding solutions.
- Experience of fundraising for public private partnerships and/or not-for-profit projects.
- The Non-Executive should have an interest in, and passion for the UK engineering and manufacturing sectors and their future growth and prosperity.
If you feel that you meet the criteria outlined above, please apply for this role on First Flight's website by first registering your CV (if you haven't already done so - there is no charge) and then clicking "Apply for Role" on number 1031 and answering the questions about how you match the candidate requirements in this spec.
Contact: Melissa Foster