Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust - 2 x Non-executive Directors
We are recruiting two non-executive directors for Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
We are also recruiting an advisor to the board. Please see vacancy reference L1567 for further information.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior level experience in one or more of the following:
- Operational management of a large and complex organisation (in any sector, as the requirement is to understand the challenges of complexity both within and external to the organisation)
- Commercial / business acumen; experience of tough commercial negotiations
- Customer service delivery in a challenging financial and regulatory environment. Experience in financial recovery would be an advantage.
- Experience of promoting and embedding equality and diversity (all under-represented groups not just BAME)
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills, and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Applicants should live in or have strong connections with the area served by the Trust (currently the London Boroughs of Lewisham, Greenwich, Bexley and Bromley). We will accept applications from those with the appropriate experience living in the surrounding areas.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles
- Information pack (L1422) PDF, 505.6 KB
This is a comprehensive information pack for candidates, which explains the requirements to undertake the role, as well as details of how to apply and information about the trust.
- Monitoring form (L1422) DOCX, 174.0 KB
We like to monitor information to establish who applies for our roles and to ensure no group is treated unfairly. Your answers will be treated confidentially and will not be shared with the selection panel unless explicitly stated.
- Closing date for receipt of applications* 11.00am on 9 November 2017
- Interview date 23 November 2017
- Proposed start date to be confirmed
* Please forward your completed application to email@example.com
This appointment is regulated by the Commissioner for Public Appointments
Find out more
The trust - for an informal and confidential discussion with Val Davison, the Chair of the trust, please contact Sylvie Hogwood or Jo Cleary on 020 3192 6434 prior to the closing date.
NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Leslie Horn on 0300 123 2057 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org